25 Free Internet Troll Awareness Images
Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.
Part 2: Provided below are 25 free Internet Troll educational images created by this writer, Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D. They are JPEG files, compressed and either 1080×1080, 1080×1350 or 1080×608 pixels. These images are optimal for Instagram or can be edited to different sizes. Dr. Nuccitelli’s images are available for direct download, free and public domain. Edit them as you wish and no attribution to this writer is required. To download, simply right click the image and “save as” or from your context menu. Over the next 3-4 months, Dr. Nuccitelli will be publishing many more blog posts making all his iPredator themed images available to download. Lastly, pasted below are links to his 26 free online safety themed checklists and inventories.
- Free Internet Troll Images Link 1
- Free Internet Troll Images Link 2
- Free Internet Troll Images Link 3
Internet Troll Definition
Internet Troll is a colloquial expression describing an online user who uses social media and information technology to instigate, tease or provoke others. Their primary goal is to illicit and instigate a negative response from their provocations. For most Internet Trolls, they experience a distorted sense of personal gain rooted in feeling power, control and self-worth by causing others distress and frustration.
Motivated by what this writer calls being successful Online Provocateurs & Cyber Hecklers, an Internet Troll’s sense of power and control is directly correlated to the volume and depth of distress and anger they cause others. The Internet Troll is driven by the adage “The more online pain, the more troll gain”.
So entrenched in their cyber illusion of distorted power; the Internet Troll experiences a sense of accomplishment when their targets attempt to disparage and humiliate them. As research has indicated; Internet Trolls tend to be sadistic, psychopathic, machiavellian and narcissistic.
Internet Troll Traits
- Most often gender male.
- Spends long periods of time online and likely internet addicted or at risk for becoming internet dependent.
- Meets all three criteria for being categorized as an iPredator.
- A self-awareness of causing harm to others, directly or indirectly, using ICT.
- The usage of ICT to obtain, tamper with, exchange and deliver harmful information.
- A general understanding of Cyberstealth used to engage in criminal or deviant activities or to profile, identify, locate, stalk and engage a target.
- Tends to have few offline friends and online friends often engage in the same type of online harassment.
- Highly susceptible to the states of de-individuation and the disinhibition effect experienced, to some degree, by all online users. For Internet Trolls, these states are highly influential in their online lives.
- They are psychopathological in experiencing power and control online fueled by their offline reality of being insignificant, angry and alone.
- The severity and magnitude of psychological abuse they inflict upon their online targets is directly correlated to their probability of suffering from an Axis I, Axis II or Dual Diagnose mental illness.
- When online, exhibit a lack of empathy, have minimal capacity to experience shame or guilt and behaves with callousness and a grandiose sense of self .
- From a psychodynamic standpoint, Internet Trolls create and sustain an intra-psychic myth of power, greatness and domination.Although all humanity is guided through life by internal myths and archetypes, the Internet Troll’s myths and archetypes are highly distorted.
- They are developmentally immature, tend to be chronically isolated and have had minimal to no intimate relationships.
Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.
Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D. is a NYS licensed psychologist and cyber criminology consultant. He completed his doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Adler University in 1994. In 2010, Dr. Nuccitelli published his dark side of cyberspace concept called “iPredator.” In November 2011, he established iPredator Inc., offering educational, investigative, and advisory services involving online assailants, cyber-attack targets, dark psychology and internet safety. Dr. Nuccitelli has worked in the mental health field over the last thirty-plus years and he has volunteered his time helping cyber-attacked victims since 2010. His goal is to reduce victimization, theft, and disparagement from iPredators.
In addition to aiding citizens & disseminating educational content, Dr. Nuccitelli’s mission is to start a sustained national educational and awareness internet safety campaign with the help of private, state, and federal agencies. He is always available, at no cost, to interact with online users, professionals, and the media. To invite Dr. Nuccitelli to conduct training, media engagements, educational services, or consultation, please call him at or via email at email@example.com.
- LinkedIn Page: iPredator
- LinkedIn: Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.
- Twitter: #iPredator
- Facebook Page: The iPredator
- Facebook: Michael Nuccitelli
- Pinterest: iPredator
- Tumblr: iPredator
- Instagram: drnucc